Re: Requested feature

Op vrijdag 08-01-2010 om 08:20 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Bruce Dunn:
> I recently downloaded the attached pdf document from a supplier of
> engineering materials.  In Evince, the document essentially appears as a
> blank table, with no text.

This is because the "MS Mincho" font is referenced, but not embedded in
the PDF file. Poppler uses font config to find fonts, and uses a
fallback mechanism to display fonts that are not available on the
system.

I'm not sure Evince or Poppler can find out that the required font is a
Japanese font (perhaps Acrobat has a hardcoded list?), so I doubt the
suggested warning message can be shown at all.

That said: http://www.google.com/search?q=msmincho.ttf+%22index+of%22
Put msmincho.ttf inside your ~/.fonts/ directory and the document shows
fine. Good luck. ;)

    — Wouter