Re: How do I disable automatic reloading?

The problem is that when pdflatex fails, it leaves an incomplete pdf
document which evince is able to load, just an incomplete one. So
Evince has no way of knowing that there is problem in order to give a
dialog.

A per document choice when there is an error is not a good option in that case.

This is worse if evince is near or past the point in the document
where the error occurred: then when the source .tex is corrected and
the pedf is regenerated, Evince seems to goe to  point  from the
end... so if I was at page 6 of a 50 page document, and the error was
at page 7, then it seems to goes to page 49 when it reloaded.

It would just be easy to have a preference to disable/enable autoloading.