How do I disable automatic reloading?

I realize that some people think automatic reloading of a PDF is a good thing, but I don't.

I work in LaTeX a lot, and if I make a mistake marking up complex proofs in a large document, evince tried to reload the file, meaning that I cannot see what I've already entered.

Worse, if I've run evince from the same shell that I'm running the build command for LaTeX (pdflatex), I screen fills with hundreds of errors and warnings, and I risk losing the error message I need.

Added to that, when I finally rebuild it without errors, evince jumps right to the end of the file.

So for me, automatic reloading is not good. I would rather just hit Ctrl-R.

How do I turn it off?!?

Regards,
Robert