Re: Coding selection and pixmap tools?

>So, summarizing, do I understand correctly that you would like a way to
>render a page of a PDF document in a HIGH resolution? If so, I'm not sure
>Evince is the right place for such a tool.

You forget half of the features there. For high resolution rendering
I could use any pdf-to-pixmap tool. That is not the problem.

If you don't understand what the scrapbook features are, even
I explaned them already, I'm willing to describe them again:

(1) User makes a rectangular selection. You may refer to GIMP
and look how its rectangular selection works visually.

(2) After selection has been done (button release, or click like
in GIMP's crop tool), the selection area is re-rendered to
offscreen pixmap.

(3) Then the offscreen pixmap is copied to clipboard or to file
directly.

More later if you wish.

Juhana