Re: Coding selection and pixmap tools?

2009/3/17 Wouter Bolsterlee <wbolster gnome org>:
> 2009-03-16 klockan 19:30 skrev Juhana Sadeharju:
>> Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
>> >The Gnome screenshot utility in the upcoming 2.26 release will feature a
>> >"grab part of screen" option that can be used to make screenshots of any
>> >rectangular area on your screen.
>> A screenshot utility is not a solution to this problem. You missed a
>> point. Screenshot utility does not re-render the selected area with larger
>> DPI. [...] Also, a screenshot utility may perform badly when the doc is
>> framed (possibly by having large DPI) and not all are visible in the
>> frame.
>
> So, summarizing, do I understand correctly that you would like a way to
> render a page of a PDF document in a HIGH resolution? If so, I'm not sure
> Evince is the right place for such a tool.

What if whoever that needs a specialized tool that is closely related
to evince creates a new app based on evince that performs such
specialized task?

In that way we keep a simple and very usable evince app in GNOME, and
people with specific use cases get their own tools. So everybody is
happy ;)

It's very easy to develop an alternative UI around evince with the
python bindings for libevview.

Regards,

Tomeu