Re: automatic reloads for a pdf in evince; script communicates reload signal to evince

2009-03-04 klockan 23:37 skrev Rahul Nabar:
> [edit script->make eps->make pdf ->view in evince ] and then back to
> edit script.
>
> Currently this means I open and close evince each time since I need it
> to show me the updated pdf that my changed script has produced.
>  Is there a way to tell evince to automatically refresh when the
> underlying pdf changes? Without using the "reload" button? Maybe as a
> command line option?

Evince (at least recent versions) automatically reloads the document after
it has been changed.

> Secondly I there a way for the calling shell script to push a refresh
> in evince? This might be the most optimum solution since I could make
> evince reload on demand whenever the script has made a change.

Using "evince file.pdf" while file.pdf was already open used to trigger a
reload in previous versions (not sure if it still does), but that isn't
needed anymore now that Evince automatically reloads documents.

    — Wouter