automatic reloads for a pdf in evince; script communicates reload signal to evince

A typical development cycle for me involves the workflow:

[edit script->make eps->make pdf ->view in evince ] and then back to
edit script.

Currently this means I open and close evince each time since I need it
to show me the updated pdf that my changed script has produced.
 Is there a way to tell evince to automatically refresh when the
underlying pdf changes? Without using the "reload" button? Maybe as a
command line option?

Secondly I there a way for the calling shell script to push a refresh
in evince? This might be the most optimum solution since I could make
evince reload on demand whenever the script has made a change.

Usually I call it via a shell wrapper like so:

[snipped script blah blah]
epstopdf  test.eps
evince test.pdf &

I am using an xserver to open evince.