Re: Open djvu file under windows

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the windows version of Evince.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Babbomaria <babbomaria interfree it> wrote:

> I am writing because I found that your program can also read DjVu files.
>
> 2 things should be corrected about the Windows version:
> http://download.gnome.org/binaries/win32/evince/2.28/evince-2.28.0.msi
>
> 1) The DjVu files are already supported without DjVuLibre backend.I suggest
> to indicate an "already included in the Win32 version" on page
> http://live.gnome.org/Evince/SupportedDocumentFormats

As the windows version lacks quite some support for document formats
compared to the linux version, it might be a good idea to mention the
windows supported formats separately  on that page. Thank you for your
suggestion, I will update that page when version 2.30 is released.

> 2) To open DjVu files I had to correct the file
> djvudocument.evince-backend
> changing the line from
> MimeType = image/vnd.djvu
> MimeType = application/octet-stream; image/vnd.djvu

Thank you for this information, it will be corrected in the 2.30
version by registering the mime type in the windows registry.

Kind regards,

Hib Eris