Open djvu file under windows
- From: Babbomaria <babbomaria interfree it>
- To: evince-list gnome org
- Subject: Open djvu file under windows
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:54:56 +0100
Dear EVINCE team,
I was looking for an alternative to the reader uPDF / SumatraPDF that I use under windows and I found EVINCE. Your program is useful because it allows you to select the text in PDF, unlike the others.
There are some problems rendering images when the zoom is low.
I am writing because I found that your program can also read DjVu files.
2 things should be corrected about the Windows version:
1) The DjVu files are already supported without DjVuLibre backend.I suggest to indicate an "already included in the Win32 version" on page http://live.gnome.org/Evince/SupportedDocumentFormats
2) To open DjVu files I had to correct the file
changing the line from
MimeType = image/vnd.djvu
MimeType = application/octet-stream; image/vnd.djvu
One last thing. I know that you have already said in a mailing list, but if it is possible to re-think the chm file support. EVINCE pass from vector file viewer to an ebook reader killer appliication.
Please consider the environment before printing this email
] [Thread Prev