suggestion for an improved index with balloon help

Hello,

I'm sending this mail because I think the index of
evince can be improved (at least for pdf docs).

I would have that the index has baloon help in order
to reduce screen area occupied by the index. In particular
the number of the page take a complete column reducing the
width available for the document canvas. This could be
avoided if one should have balloon help. When passing
over an item in the index a balloon could pop up showing
the page number.

More could be done. If the pointer would be over the arrow
of an item (> or v) a balloon could pop up showing the
table of contents number of the [[sub]sub]section.

What do you think of these ideas?

Let me hear something,

Best regards,

Francky Leyn