simple pdf fails to

Dear evince team,

I use evince (0.4.0) on a daily basis and still sometimes am happily
surprised about things it displays correctly where everything else
fails.

Now I'm even more surprised to run across a case where a quite simple
document does not display correctly AT ALL (most of the text is not
readable since the background is solid black instead of white),
while even xpdf does the job correctly.

The document is located at
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/a139250.pdf
It has been created by saving a google doc presentation as PDF,
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=d34bxwj_236hcjnm6dc
(In case it would be removed in the former location and you can't
reproduce it from the second, feel free to ask me to send it to you ;
it's small (36k) and apart from some text there are only some straight
lines in 3 or 4 different colours.)

I hope analyzing this file will help you to get rid of this annoying
bug.

Regards,

Maximilian