Re: status of the annotations

Just a few weeks ago, it was still expected that they would fit in 2.24. The annotations have been delayed for 2-3 release cycles already. In 2.22, I was basically told (IIRC) that there was not much left to do and that it would surely fit into 2.24. Urgh!

It would not be so sad to me if I could dive in and help, but IANAD, just someone who needs annotations to Get Work Done (and needs them badly enough that he would pay for the blasted feature; if someone near Montreal has the knowledge to do implement this, I am offering beers, or hugs, or whatever).

I do understand that the software is Free/free, and that this is not necessarily easy or quick to implement, but can we please have some kind of roadmap of completeness for this particular feature and stop pulling Microsoft-like stunts?

Is there a way to enable annotations at compile time even though it is supposedly unfinished? How "unfinished" is it?