Proposal for GSOC 2008

Hi all,
  I am a student prospect for Google Summer of Code 2008. I had a look at the ideas list on gnome, which mentioned about this project idea about an "OCR library "LibAccroc" that is a generic OCR library for gnome using OCRopus and other engines". I saw the gnome 2.24 road map which had plans to implement an OCR for Evince. I want to pursue this as a Google summer of code project this year. Please guide me in this regard. Please give me suggestions about what are the  expectations from this project.

       The OCR for Evince has now been removed from the road map for gnome 2.24. Is the idea still valid? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Santosh G Vattam