back and forward buttons

Hi,

In evince, the back and forward buttons only allow a page wise
navigation.  IMHO, it should work like a browser button -- back takes
you to the page you came from (which needn't be the previous page in
numerical order).  Likewise for the forward button.

Nowadays, with pdf's with lots of hyperlinks (e.g. research papers
with references at the end), it is a *real* problem if you can't
navigate efficiently through the document.

Not sure if this issue's been discussed.  Just wanted to let you guys
know my thoughts on the 'problem'.  I have been using evince since the
past couple of years and it does work quite well for me.

Thanks,
Anindya Sen
Ph.d. student,
UCSC.