Re: back and forward buttons

2008-04-02 klockan 06:06 skrev Anindya Sen:
> In evince, the back and forward buttons only allow a page wise
> navigation.  IMHO, it should work like a browser button -- back takes
> you to the page you came from (which needn't be the previous page in
> numerical order).  Likewise for the forward button.
>
> Nowadays, with pdf's with lots of hyperlinks (e.g. research papers
> with references at the end), it is a *real* problem if you can't
> navigate efficiently through the document.
>
> Not sure if this issue's been discussed.  Just wanted to let you guys
> know my thoughts on the 'problem'.  I have been using evince since the
> past couple of years and it does work quite well for me.

You may want to edit your toolbar and add the history button. While this
feature is not really polished, the basics you described work quite well
already.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

never thought i'd fill with desire                                -- placebo