Printing queries

I am using Evince 2.20.1 under Kubuntu 7.10

I would like to know whether the following are possible:

1. Is it possible to set the printer to print in grey only (and not in colour). This option is generally available under other programs (eg FireFox). This seems only possible if I first go to System Settings/Printers etc under Kubuntu.

2. I frequently need to print pdfs which have a smaller size than A4. For example, I use gscan2pdf to scan a small document, and it is possible to save the scan to the size of the document as a pdf. Under Evince, when I print the pdf of the scan, Evince will expand the document so that goes to the full width of the A4. Is it possible to set it so that the document retains its original size? Under Adobe Acrobat it is possible to print the pdf retaining its original size.

Evince appears to be the only program I have seen in Linux which can handle multi-page tiffs.

Victor Warner.