Re: Another approach to build without GNOME

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 20:33 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> Well, with gnome-vfs it's probably sensible at least it follows current GNOME direction
> as others understand it.

Until gvfs is in GLib, agreed.

> Although mine opinion is that we shouldn't drop required
> features just because they belong to libgnome (aren't we developing GNOME application?)
> probably others think differently.
>
> Btw, what is the purpose of the changes? Do you want to have Maemo or Windows port?

My goals are a port to the GNOME Mobile stack (http://gnome.org/mobile),
which means GTK, gnome-vfs-dbus, gconf-dbus, but no libgnome/libgnomeui.

If this is merged a Maemo port consists of turning the top level
GtkWindow into a HildonWindow.  My specific goal is a port for Poky,
which if this lands would be to add a single function to re-parent the
menu into the titlebar.

I was chatting to Alex earlier and the requirement for libgnome to get
the icon name for a MIME type can be replaced with a little string
manipulation.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./