Re: Embedding evince in python app

Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

Hello Irvin

I suppose that 4 is preferable solution for us and for GNOME. Evince
preview mode (--preview option) used in gtk printing dialog will render
document as required.

Hello,
In fact I liked the idea to be able to zoom/scroll inside the postcript file from a tab in my software: http://www.irvinig.org/ps_display.jpg
This is what you get after a call to ggv from bonobo like this:
control = bonobo.ui.Widget("file:/home_local/irvin/vedette/python/eye_candy/data/acces.ps", container.corba_objref())

> I don't quite understand why don't you like this.

I think it's just a matter of taste :)
Correct me if I'm wrong but your solution implies that I will have a new evince window created, no ? Anyway I think I will end up following your advice. (I tried to play with gobject introspection to get Plopper python bindings but it's a bit unreliable :) My dream would be to render directly the postscript file in a cairo context using python but it looks like nearly impossible without a lot of work)
Thanks for your help.

--
Irvin Probst
ENSIETA