Embedding evince in python app

Hi all,
I'm toying with python, gtk, openGL and GMT ( http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/ ), to parse and render data related to underwater stuff. Usually such data are rendered to A0 postscript files before being printed with dedicated printers. After digging around for a while I found no satisfying way to embedd a postscript (pre)viewer in my app [1]:

Right now what I've found is:
1/ call ggv from bonobo, it works but ggv is dying and I would hate to have to maintain a ggv package if one day it disappears from debian (and bonobo is quite an heavy dependency but I can live with that)
2/ write a minimal set of python bindings for  libpoppler
3/ find a way to embedd evince in my python app
4/ launch another application for previewing and then ask the user to come back to my app (I don't like this solution)

Basically I would really like to find a way to have 3/ working before having to start 2/ :) I saw this email http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evince-list/2006-February/msg00009.html from a guy with a similar problem but after grepping evince souce code it looks like bonobo is still not an option. I found mozplugger wich does what I want for firefox but I don't see how I could possibly use this for a python app. So if you have any idea for embedding evince I would really appreciate your help.
Best regards

[1] No, rendering an A0 postscript to bitmap and display it is not an option in my case as the user might have to zoom in/out sereval times.

--
Irvin Probst
ENSIETA