Re: Removable file menu (was: Re: Additional Evince Features)

If you go to this adress:
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=EP1693288&F=0&QPN=EP1693288

And click on Original Document you will see one reason where high profile
official sites require pdfs inside the web-browser.

The best would undoubtedly be if they let the user download the whole pdf in a
single download. But they say, they can't afford the high bandwidth usage...
(or they really want the income from selling the full pdf files, whatever).

Anyway, it is not something that we mortals can affect. I simply want
to surf their site using Firefox and Evince in the most convenient way.

Do you agree that under Firefox Evince it is currently not pleasant? :-)

//Fredrik

2006/10/6, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl>:
2006-10-06 klockan 11:30 skrev Richard Baxter:
> The file menu should be removable (at least via a proper xml modification)
> for Evince's integration into web browsers (Eg Firefox with Mozpplugger).

I think mozplugger is not The Way To Go [tm] for browser/pdf integration.
Personally, I think showing PDFs inside a browser is Just Plain Wrong [tm],
but if it is done, it should be done as a browser plugin with a "show
document in own window" button that opens the file in Evince.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

from the time we intercepted :: feels more like suicide           -- placebo