Scroll to page (was: Re: Additional Evince Features and "To Scroll a Page" error)

2006-10-05 klockan 07:49 skrev Richard Baxter:
> Evince Developers,

Please don't send messages with many 'submessages' to this list. It
unnecessarily complicates the communication.

> RE: "To Scroll a Page" error
> ---
> I have found the middle mouse button can also be used to scroll a page
> (along with holding the left and the right mouse button). I assume that a
> single left mouse button could in theory also perform this function. Is this
> funtion in compiled code - is there an easy way to change this? According to
> the Evince manual (Evince - Help - Contents - Usage - 3.3 To Scroll a Page)
> there appears to be no such requirement to have to use a non-standard button
> for this function. (I would argue Gimps usage of this  also non-standard). I
> suggest that Evince is changed to allow the user to scroll with the primary
> mouse button if they wish to. (Note this is possible  with other main stream
> pdf viewers - Adobe Acrobat 7.08 and KPDF. Note this is a critical function
> for users without an actual mouse - Eg touch screen users).

The left mouse button is used to select text. The middle button is used to
scroll (without using the scrollbars or the mouse wheel). The right mouse
button pops up a context menu.

Evince is designed not to be a "modal" viewer, eg. there is not a "selection
mode", a "scroll mode" and possibly other modes.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

we'd drink and get high until late :: and now we're all alone     -- placebo