RE: Additional Evince Features and "To Scroll a Page" error

Evince Developers,

---
RE: "To Scroll a Page" error
---
I have found the middle mouse button can also be used to scroll a page (along with holding the left and the right mouse button). I assume that a single left mouse button could in theory also perform this function. Is this funtion in compiled code - is there an easy way to change this? According to the Evince manual (Evince - Help - Contents - Usage - 3.3 To Scroll a Page) there appears to be no such requirement to have to use a non-standard button for this function. (I would argue Gimps usage of this also non-standard). I suggest that Evince is changed to allow the user to scroll with the primary mouse button if they wish to. (Note this is possible with other main stream pdf viewers - Adobe Acrobat 7.08 and KPDF. Note this is a critical function for users without an actual mouse - Eg touch screen users).

Thanks for your help.

---
RE: Additional Evince Features
---
I have worked out how to set up the Additional Evince Features I requested earlier (although the second solution only works by chance) - possibly we could still look at integrating these changes into Evince?

1. The ability to add a Rotate Left and Rotate Right button onto the main toolbar
2. If possible allow the user to enable/disable the Menu Bar

//Instructions On Installation Of Evince OpenSource PDF Reader for Mozilla/Firefox (Fedora Core 5)

[NB evince is installed during FC5 installation]
su root
rpm -e AdobeReader_enu (uninstall adobe reader)
rpm -i mozplugger-1.7.3-2.2.1.i386.rpm (install mozplugger)
rpm -U shared-mime-info-0.17-1.fc5.2.i386.rpm (update shared-mime-info)

[if necessary edit /etc/mozplugger.rc;

	after both;

	application/pdf:pdf:PDF file
	application/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
	text/pdf:pdf:PDF file
	text/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file

	and;

	application/x-postscript:ps:PostScript file
	application/postscript:ps:PostScript file

	add this line;

	repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"]

//Instructions on customisation of Evince toolbar;

for all users that will access evince pdf reader within firefox;
cd /home/user/.gnome2/evince/
replace evince_toolbar.xml with evince_toolbar.xml.rbbmod
	OR;
[editor] evince_toolbar.xml (where editor = nedit or gedit or ones favorite text editor)
	then manually add the following text;
		<?xml version="1.0"?>
		<toolbars version="1.0">
		  <toolbar name="DefaultToolBar">
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="ViewZoomIn"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="ViewZoomOut"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="EditRotateLeft"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="EditRotateRight"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="GoPreviousPage"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="GoNextPage"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="GoFirstPage"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="GoLastPage"/>
		    <separator/>
		    <toolitem type="application/x-toolbar-item" name="ViewSidebar"/>
		  </toolbar>
		</toolbars>
{NB that the EditRotateRight/EditRotateLeft buttons have to be added to the xml file manually and cannot be added via Evince - Edit - Toolbar GUI}

//Instructions on how to remove Evince Menubar (works by chance only);

su root
cd /usr/share/evince/
[editor] evince-ui.xml (where editor = nedit or gedit or ones favorite text editor)
	[if the menu items here are corrupted, the menu bar will disappear]

//Instructions on how to set up continuous scroll;

Evince - View - Continuous

Best Regards,

Richard