Re: evince without gnome dependencies

В Птн, 07/10/2005 в 00:29 +0300, Jani Monoses пишет:
> Hello
>
> I have been changing the evince-0.4.0 code these days to see how it
> would work w/o gnome
> dependencies. The result is a mess of a code, entirely my fault, but
> it seems to mostly work.
> Lost are the drag-n-drop, external uri and remote transfer (I assume
> remote uri-s via gnomeVFS)
> capabilities, and it no longer talks to gconf either.
>
> The attached diff applies to the 0.4.0 code, needs an autoconf and
> should build fine, but you need libmagic-dev
> installed for mime type detection.
>
> I intend to polish this as it was done without really understanding
> the evince code and it's my first exposure to gtk/glib & co,
> but I thought I'd let you know early.
>
> The reason for doing this is mostly xfce or light wm users, although I
> haven't seen noticable speed/footprint differences yet.

Hello Jani.

Sorry for a bit late response. Interesting work although I don't think
it's much useful. And as you've pointed yourself, it won't bring any
performance improvements.

Actually there are many possibilities to improve performance of evince.
They will be much more useful for xfce users :) So if you are still
interested in it, just give us a sign.