Evince 0.4.0 Printing problem - single page from middle of document

Hi,

  This problem is so far from only one pdf document
but I wonder if it is known.

   I have been sent a 6 page pdf. Evince 0.4.0 renders
it perfectly on the laptop screen. There are only
"western" characters and a few background boxes on
each page.

   If I print the whole document to a CUPS driven
Kyocera laser connected via an IP print server
(D-Link) each page is rendered perfectly.

  However, if I try to print (say) page 3 only, the
background boxes are rendered in the correct place,
the page layout seems perfect in that horizontal lines
are OK, but the text is replaced by a sequence of
alphanumeric and punctuation marks such as

? : @ . )

There seems to be some pattern in the printed text in
that I can see 30$#n&n (where "n" is a numeric) in
quite a few places.

I'm guessing some font or similar information is not
being "merged" with this single page. That "font" info
does get utilised when I print the whole document.

Is there a fix where every page if printed
individually is rendered accurately on paper? Apart
from printing the whole document - wasteful for one
page out of hundreds.

Thanks Clive