Re: Initial comments

This question, and some of the questions along the lines of "what
formats will evince support", make me think about my "two modes".

So, in one mode, I'm browsing/scanning/searching for information "out
there".  For this I typically use a web browser, and I use navigation
history extensively.  Notably, I don't care whether the content I'm
scanning is a pdf, ppt, or html file.  I pretty much just want it all
to fit in the browsing regime.  I get annoyed when I'm popped out of
browser-land just because the file in question is a pdf.

In the other mode, I'm reading something I keep closer to me, for
returning to.  In this mode, I don't care about navigation history
much.  I do care about document structure more.  Just like the first
mode, I don't really care whether it's a pdf, ppt, or html file.

Being king of my own imagination, I like to pretend that mode B is
evince's domain.  If I were king, I'd make my minions fix my browser
to integrate pdf and ppt viewing directly into the browsing UI, thus
eliminating the annoyances of mode A.  IMO, overloading evince
(evince the UI) to do both A and B is just the easiest, not the best
choice.

Justin