Re: CHM support possible?

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 13:26 -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Ruben Vermeersch <ruben Lambda1 be> writes:
>
> > Given the fact that CHM is in fact a help file, yes, actually it would.
> > Although I'm not sure if Yelp can be used as a document viewer, most CHM
> > files I meet on Linux are not help files, but ebook-alike stuff (which
> > should be docbook or PDF imho, but I'm not making these things).
> >
> > Offcourse, given the fact that CHM is nothing more then a HTML archive,
> > yelp would be the app I want. Maybe I'll take a look into yelp when my
> > exams are over.
>
> I would suggest you looking at adding it to yelp instead of evince.
> Yelp is essentially a document viewer too, as it natively displays
> docbook documents.  It is also better suited towards non page-based
> formats, as it sounds like CHM is.

Very well, after my exams, I'll start having a look at it. I'll consider
it my personal gnome-love project, as it will be my first GNOME hacking
project (expect a mailing-list-demand-for-help-spree soon ;)). My only
hope is that it won't be too hard, but I'm a quick learner, so with some
help, I think I'll find my way around.

Regards,
Ruben

--