Re: CHM support possible?

Am Freitag, den 21.01.2005, 11:00 +0100 schrieb Ruben Vermeersch:
> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:46 +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:33 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am wondering if the architecture of Evince makes it possible to add
> > > CHM (the windows help files) support. These are basically compressed
> > > HTML files, so the question is rather whether it would be possible to
> > > view HTML based documents.
> > >
> > > How hard would it be to add a HTML renderer in Evince? This seems like a
> > > fun project, but I have no clue whether the Evince architecture even
> > > makes it possible to do such a thing. Is Evince an all-around document
> > > viewer, or one for postscript based file formats?
> >
> > It should be possible, yeah. The only big difference I can think of is
> > that html documents doesnt have pages. Though you could just treat it
> > like a 1 page document...
>
> However, then you lose all the benefits of the hyperlinks from within
> the CHM files.

Eventually evince must be able to jump to a certain offset+zoomlevel
inside a page (pdf links can specify that much), not only to the top of
a page, so there would be no disadvantage for CHM files as far as I can
see.

But wouldn't yelp be a much MUCH better app to add CHM support to?

Regards,
Martin