Re: CHM support possible?

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:33 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if the architecture of Evince makes it possible to add
> CHM (the windows help files) support. These are basically compressed
> HTML files, so the question is rather whether it would be possible to
> view HTML based documents.
>
> How hard would it be to add a HTML renderer in Evince? This seems like a
> fun project, but I have no clue whether the Evince architecture even
> makes it possible to do such a thing. Is Evince an all-around document
> viewer, or one for postscript based file formats?

It should be possible, yeah. The only big difference I can think of is
that html documents doesnt have pages. Though you could just treat it
like a 1 page document...

In general you need to be able to implement this interface:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evince/backend/ev-document.h?
rev=1.14&view=markup

Marco