Re: Evince no longer reads PDF files

В Срд, 28/12/2005 в 14:57 -0800, Nexist Xenda'ths пишет:
> Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> > В Втр, 27/12/2005 в 17:52 -0800, Nexist Xenda'ths пишет:
> >
> >>Hello:
> >>
> >>To be honest, I know not what I did.  I updated some things via Synaptic
> >>and Evince no longer opens PDF files -- though the files I am trying to
> >>open show up in the "recent documents" list.
> >>
> >>I am running Agnula Demudi 1.2.1 with additions from the unstable Debian
> >>repositories.
> >>
> >>Gnome: 2.10.2
> >>Evince: 0.4.0
> >>
> >>It tells me  "Unhandled MIME type: 'application/x-extension-pdf'"
> >>
> >>I am making due with Acroread, but to be honest, Evince is better, so I
> >>would like to go back to it as soon as possible.  What can I check
> >>modify to get it working with PDF's again.
> >>
> >>Thank you,
> >>Douglas
> >

> > Hi Douglas.
> >
> > It seems that you've created new mime type for pdf documents. Probably
> > it was Nautilus bug, because I've heart about similar problem before.
> > When nautilus knows nothing about application/x-pdf it creates
> > user-defined custom mime type application/x-extension-pdf. Of course,
> > evince knows nothing about that.
> >
> > Please look at your .gnome and .gnome2 and .share directories for string
> > with x-extension-pdf and remove wrong type definition.
> >
> > It would be nice if you'll be able to reproduce this situation with
> > creation of mime type. We probably should file a bug against Nautilus.
>
> Perhaps I am especially dense, but what should I change it to (it was in
> /home/nexist/.local/share/mime/ ).  I changed the
> 'application/x-extension-pdf' to 'application/x-pdf', but to no avail.
>
> Douglas

Hi Douglas.

Sorry, it was my fault, correct mime type is called 'application/pdf'. I
suspect you should just remove wrong mime type from your local directory
and update database with update-mime-database. If your shared-mime-info
is correctly installed, it should determine application/pdf from system
mime description.

Probably we should just add another mime types to evince also, like
'application/x-pdf' and 'application/x-extension-pdf'. I don't know.