Re: Evince no longer reads PDF files

В Втр, 27/12/2005 в 17:52 -0800, Nexist Xenda'ths пишет:
> Hello:
>
> To be honest, I know not what I did.  I updated some things via Synaptic
> and Evince no longer opens PDF files -- though the files I am trying to
> open show up in the "recent documents" list.
>
> I am running Agnula Demudi 1.2.1 with additions from the unstable Debian
> repositories.
>
> Gnome: 2.10.2
> Evince: 0.4.0
>
> It tells me  "Unhandled MIME type: 'application/x-extension-pdf'"
>
> I am making due with Acroread, but to be honest, Evince is better, so I
> would like to go back to it as soon as possible.  What can I check
> modify to get it working with PDF's again.
>
> Thank you,
> Douglas

Hi Douglas.

It seems that you've created new mime type for pdf documents. Probably
it was Nautilus bug, because I've heart about similar problem before.
When nautilus knows nothing about application/x-pdf it creates
user-defined custom mime type application/x-extension-pdf. Of course,
evince knows nothing about that.

Please look at your .gnome and .gnome2 and .share directories for string
with x-extension-pdf and remove wrong type definition.

It would be nice if you'll be able to reproduce this situation with
creation of mime type. We probably should file a bug against Nautilus.