Evince no longer reads PDF files

Hello:

To be honest, I know not what I did. I updated some things via Synaptic and Evince no longer opens PDF files -- though the files I am trying to open show up in the "recent documents" list.

I am running Agnula Demudi 1.2.1 with additions from the unstable Debian repositories.

Gnome: 2.10.2
Evince: 0.4.0

It tells me  "Unhandled MIME type: 'application/x-extension-pdf'"

I am making due with Acroread, but to be honest, Evince is better, so I would like to go back to it as soon as possible. What can I check modify to get it working with PDF's again.

Thank you,
Douglas