Re: Memory use in 2.22 with WebKitGTK 2.14

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro igalia com> wrote:
I got a response already (you are "he"):

"""If he can build WebKit, ask him to try also with a build with the
threaded compositor disabled (cmake arg
-DENABLE_THREADED_COMPOSITOR=OFF )
and without disabling AC mode via this env variable."""

Up for giving this a try? I know it takes a while to build. :( It will
help determine whether the problem is actually accelerated compositing
mode, or threaded compositor. (Threaded compositor is new in 2.14 and
requires accelerated compositing. Accelerated compositing has been
around for a while, but disabled except on a few web pages; in 2.14
it's now used everywhere.)

Thanks for that, yeah I will - might take a few days before I can get to it though.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>