Re: Memory use in 2.22 with WebKitGTK 2.14

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 17:15 +1100, Michael Gratton wrote:
 - Single web process for loaded tabs: 250M (+ 10M XServer memory)

That's about twice what I'm seeing here, but I think the memory
increase is indeed expected in 2.14 due to the switch to always-on
accelerated compositing. You can verify by re-rerunning your experiment
with WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1.

The WebKitGTK+ mailing list would be a better place for this
discussion; there might already be plans to improve this.

Michael