Re: Reverting of header bar behavior to traditional location bar behavior

On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 18:42 -0700, erusan wrote:
Rather than revert to the traditional location bar, if the arrow were
removed (point 2) and the background changed (point 3), it seems the
discoverability issue would be solved, and the modern GNOME look
would
be preserved.

Hi,

I'm happy to consider patches (on master) that implement this, but I
don't know how to do it nicely myself.

Patches would have to address the other bugs we were having with title
box mode:

 * Must not be able to click the security indicator in the location
entry when in title box mode (or drag the favicon, though that has been
removed in master)

 * Must somehow avoid flickering between title box mode and location
entry mode when loading pages

I kinda think that it's just too hard to switch nicely between the two
separate modes, but I'm not set on traditional style for the location
entry either, if someone wants to make it look fancier or more like
Safari.

Michael