Re: Overview

On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 20:06 +0000, tevaum gmail com wrote:
Hello, everyone.

My name is Estêvão and I'm volunteering to work with the overview
(ephi-about:overview).

Hi, thanks a bunch for working on this.

I talked to Michael Catanzaro at IRC and he gave me a lot of info on
needs
and designs about the overview. I started with the design
modifications and
he told me to check the implementation with the design team... How
can I do
that? Should I open a bug report and attach the screenshot?

Yeah, open a bug report with the screenshot and your patch. Mention
your patch in #gnome-design on IRC and see if anyone comments there.
Since it matches the mockup I will probably merge it after a couple
days if there is no response from designers.

Something I found

out while taking a look at the code

is

that

the overview screen only lists the most visited sites and it's
hardcoded in
ephy-about-handler. My proposal is to expose a javascript object so
that
the overview page can load other kind of stuff to present to the
user,

like bookmarks, recent visited sites and stuff like that.

What do you think about that? Is that the way to do it or is there
any

better approach?

It's probably the best way.

Michael