Re: No login/password save/fill in Ephy Webkit2

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 16:10 +1100, Michael Gratton wrote:
Hi,

When I switched to Ephy using Webkit2 a few releases ago, I stopped
being prompted to remember login and passwords and they stopped being
autofilled filled, but only for HTML forms. Both saving and filling work
fine for HTTP auth.

Which version of epiphany are you running?

I have seen bug #666326, but not only is there no libephywebextension.so
loaded by the WebKit2 process, there is no such file installed, or even
packaged in Ubuntu.

Is the missing libephywebextension.so a packing bug (but then why does
HTTP auth still work?) or is something else going on here?

If the web extension is missing then it's definitely a packaging bug,
granted that you actually have a webkit2 powered epiphany (I believe
Ubuntu ships it as epiphany-webkit2).

Claudio