No login/password save/fill in Ephy Webkit2

Hi,

When I switched to Ephy using Webkit2 a few releases ago, I stopped
being prompted to remember login and passwords and they stopped being
autofilled filled, but only for HTML forms. Both saving and filling work
fine for HTTP auth.

I have seen bug #666326, but not only is there no libephywebextension.so
loaded by the WebKit2 process, there is no such file installed, or even
packaged in Ubuntu.

Is the missing libephywebextension.so a packing bug (but then why does
HTTP auth still work?) or is something else going on here?

TIA,
//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.