Re: Epiphany open page

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 06:56 -0500, wes wrote:
> > Any help please?
>
> i do not claim to be qualified or able, but i will do my best to pretend.
>
> what is your operating system?

fedora 17, and hence, using epiphany 3.4

> in my version of epiphany (not the same as yours) the homepage setting is located under Edit >> Preferences >> General.

Unfortunately, there is no homepage setting in my version of  epiphany.

> >> and when epy is already open, just
> >> open the external link.
>
> do you mean "...open the link in an already-open browser window, in a new tab?
> if so, you might try replacing that line in epiphany.desktop that you edited with this line, instead:
>
> Exec=epiphany --new-tab %U
yes, but, without having a facility of setting homepage, I edited  Exec
as Exec=epiphany --new-tab example.com %U
My goal is to open example.com when the epiphany window is NOT already
open, but if it is open, I don't want epiphany to open the link I
clicked with example.com once again.