Re: Epiphany open page

Any help please?

i do not claim to be qualified or able, but i will do my best to pretend.

what is your operating system?

I want epiphany to open a page,say example.com every time I start epy.

that sounds like what people get when they set their homepage to example.com.

so what I am looking for is to ask epiphany to open example.com only
when no epy window is already open;

have you tried setting your homepage using the browser's menu?

in my version of epiphany (not the same as yours) the homepage setting is located under Edit >> Preferences >> General.

and when epy is already open, just
open the external link.

do you mean "...open the link in an already-open browser window, in a new tab?

if so, you might try replacing that line in epiphany.desktop that you edited with this line, instead:

Exec=epiphany --new-tab %U

if your present value for that Exec key does indeed cause the undesirable behavior you describe, this might work.

does it?

-wes