Re: DuckDuckGo as a search option in Epiphany?

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Prakash Swaminathan
<prakash duckduckgo com> wrote:
> Would these work?  https://duckduckgo.com/?q={{search}}&t=epiphany

This works:

Title: "Search with DuckDuckGo"

it should then appear in the completion popup when you type something
in the URL entry.

I guess t=epiphany is to identify the search as coming from epiphany,
that is optional but would work too :)

> Also, here is the standard OpenSearch plugin:
> https://duckduckgo.com/opensearch_ssl.xml

Right. We do not support this atm, but it's in our plans!

>> - If you want to replace what search engine is used when you enter
>> something in the url location and press enter, you can change
>> org.gnome.epiphany.keyword-search-url, which also defaults to Google.
>
> I am not sure I understand.  Are you saying we should get DuckDuckGo added
> to Gnome?

Ah, sorry. "org.gnome.epiphany.keyword-search-url" is the dconf config
path for the option. You can set it with dconf-editor or doing
something like:

gsettings set org.gnome.Epiphany keyword-search-url
"https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%s";

Hope that helps,

Xan