Re: How to set minimal font size in Epiphany 3.0

On 2011/04/12 17:57 (GMT-0700) Xan Lopez composed:

Gan Lu  wrote:

 I am using ArchLinux, and have seen Epiphany 3.0 got a lot of
 improvement, but don't know how to set up minmal font size now (which
 is gone from preference dialog)? Thanks in advance.

Minimum font-size is still available as a GSettings preference, so you
can change it using the command line or something like dconf editor.
That being said, we believe by setting a reasonable default size in

Setting a reasonable default size has no effect on the many many many web pages that size text in px or pt, e.g.:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu
http://espn.go.com/
http://webmail.c.earthlink.net/
http://www.amd.com/
http://www.asus.com/
http://www.bmw.com/
http://www.brighthouse.com/
http://www.cadillac.com/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/
http://www.comcast.com/
http://www.facebook.com/
http://www.goisrael.com/
http://www.hulu.com/movies
http://www.imdb.com/
http://www.intel.com/
http://www.nbc.com/
http://www.nvidia.com/
http://www.qantas.com.au/
http://www.senate.gov/
http://www.sony.com/
http://www.toyota.com/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
http://www.universalstudios.com/
http://www.vail.com/
http://www.vegas.com/
http://www.visitcostarica.com/
http://www.yahoo.com/
http://www.youtube.com/

your Preferences and/our using Zoom when needed you should get better
results, since a minimum-size bigger than 0 will break the layout in
many pages.

Minimum size is passive - no user action is required on each page load. Zoom requires action on the user's part on page load, and usually on subsequent loads from the same base URL.

Breaking the layout is a function of stupid and/or naive site styling. Browser suppliers should be doing as little as pragmatic to perpetuate stupid and naive site design.

If the main toolbar defaulted to having a button to toggle site styles on/off, broken pages could be more easily dealt with, while ensuring legible text sizes in the process.

Oh, and bigger than 0, as in 1, won't break anything. It takes minimum of around 9px or 7pt to begin breakage of stupid designs.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/