Re: Small font sizes

On 2009/10/29 00:28 (GMT-0200) Guilherme Gondim composed:

> Hi, about:config doesn't work for me (Epiphany 2.28/Webkit).

I didn't know whether your Epiphany was Gecko or Webkit when I wrote that
suggestion.

> See this screenshot:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/34579820/epiphany-firefox-comparison-same-machine.png

> I think is a Epiphany problem with desktop DPI value, once it doesn't
> show the DPI information.

I've never discovered why some browsers won't work right on that page. Some
that won't work there will on http://fm.no-ip.com/auth/dpi-screen-window.html
. Sometimes a reload will make it work.

> You know where I set the DPI value for Epiphany?

I don't recall if any Webkit versions have that capability. If no one answers
here you might be able to get an answer in irc://freenode/#webkit

> PS: I had the same problem in previous Epiphany versions with Gecko.

It's quite clear in your screenshot that there are multiple differences
between Epiphany & Firefox that you did not point out:

1-The same proportional font family is not used in both
2-The proportional font family used in Epiphany is visibly larger than any
given point size than that used in Firefox. I think E is using DejaVu Sans,
while FF is using either Helvetica or one of its virtual clones other than
Arial, maybe Nimbus Sans L or Albany AMT, but not Liberation Sans.
3-E's default size is much smaller than FF's, probably 10pt, while FF's is
16px, equivalent at 96 DPI to 12pt.
4-Both browsers are using the same DPI, because the images are the same size
in both.
5-The enumerated font families requested by the page's CSS are not found by
either browser. Each falls back to generic sans-serif. E falls back to the
system-wide sans-serif default, while FF falls back to the sans-serif default
set in its own prefs.
--
"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/