Re: Small font sizes

On 2009/10/28 00:28 (GMT-0200) Guilherme Gondim composed:

> Felix Miata <mrmazda earthlink net> writes:

>> http://fm.no-ip.com/auth/Font/fonts-ptdemo.html

> See this screenshot:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/34579820/epiphany-firefox-comparison-same-machine.png

I see several things to comment on in that screenshot, but I'll reply about
most of it separately. In the meantime, reload and see if the fonts are less
different between the two browsers. I've added more families in the CSS,
which hopefully will result in both browsers using the same font families.

Was: font-family: 'lucida grande', 'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida sans',
lucida, arial, sans-serif;

Is now: font-family: 'lucida grande', 'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida sans',
lucida, 'liberation sans', arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif;

One of the points to comment on is that the fonts the page's CSS asks for are
not available on your system. Webkit and Gecko fall back differently when
that happens. Firefox falls back to your Firefox default, while Webkit falls
(or at least, used to fall) back to your OS/desktop default, which in your
case results in a different font used in each.

Also try http://fm.no-ip.com/auth/dpi-screen-window.html to see if its
scripting difference results in a non-null DPI report.
--
"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/