Re: Small font sizes

Felix Miata <mrmazda earthlink net> writes:

> What are your Epiphany default variable width and fixed width font sizes set
> to? Other browsers that set those sizes in pt generally start at 12, but a
> few use 11 or 10. Most others set sizes in px. Px settings do not depend on
> DPI. Pt settings do.
>
> Likely your problem involves DPI. The desktop and all apps don't necessarily
> all use the same DPI. Check in Epiphany for the layout.css.dpi setting in URL
> about:config. Default is -1, which usually is enough to avoid too small fonts
> due to the browser. Load http://fm.no-ip.com/auth/Font/fonts-ptdemo.html and
> see what DPI it reports; compare to same in other installed browsers. Open an
> xterm and do 'xdpyinfo | grep dimensions; xdpyinfo | grep resolution; xrdb
> -query | grep dpi; set | grep Xft.dpi' to see if all results are either equal
> or null.

Hi, about:config doesn't work for me (Epiphany 2.28/Webkit).

See this screenshot:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/34579820/epiphany-firefox-comparison-same-machine.png

I think is a Epiphany problem with desktop DPI value, once it doesn't
show the DPI information.

You know where I set the DPI value for Epiphany?

Thanks,
semente

PS: I had the same problem in previous Epiphany versions with Gecko.

--
Guilherme Gondim (semente)
http://semente.taurinus.org