Switching from Opera: a few things I am missing

Hello list,

I have been a loyal user of Opera for a few years (ever since version
5.x) but the latest poor performances convinced me to look around for
alternatives.
Since I use Gnome, Epiphany is #1 on the list, but as usual when there's
a switch there's always things missing. Here is my list, I'd appreciate
it if anyone can help out on any of the issues.

1) Speed Dial: apparently this is not available for Epiphany (there is
an extension for Firefox). Just thinking out loud: do we really need an
extension here? Can't it be done with a bit of HTML and Javascript
magic?

2) Position of tabs: the default is "tabs on top", which is OK, but I
prefer them at the bottom. I have found the "Tabs on the left" extension
and simply modified "notebook.set_tab_pos("GTK_POS_LEFT")" with
"notebook.set_tab_pos("GTK_POS_BOTTOM")". Unfortunately this extension
does not get loaded with the following error:

** Message: No loader found for extension 'tabs-bottom' of type 'python'

Google does not help: can anyone reach out?
Other python based extensions fail with the same error, so it's not my
modification's fault (I think).

I am using Epiphany 2.28.0 on Debian Sid.

3) Open recently closed tabs: this is present in Firefox (I think) and
would be pretty awesome for people like me who click before they think.

4) Size of tabs: is it possible to have the tabs dynamically resized so
that they all fit in the screen width?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

--
Everything will be just tickety-boo today.