Re: Switching from Opera: a few things I am missing

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 11:09 -0400, Tim Horton wrote:

Hello Tim,

thank you for your answer.

> I don't *think* it can be done with just HTML/JS magic; there needs to
> be at least a small component that talks to Epiphany to determine what
> your most visited sites are; unless you were going for the manually-
> set-each-tile's-location approach (I don't know how it works in Opera,
> I'm only familiar with Chrome).

Opera does indeed do it manually: you simply specify which URLs to load
in the 9 tiles. The only available option is to specify the reload
interval, I am happy in only loading upon startup.

> Epiphany 2.28 switched to using JavaScript (using Seed) extensions. If
> you send me a link to the extension you're talking about, I'll try to
> port it within the next few days

Automatic find as you type:

http://www.sstuhr.dk/epiphany-extensions/#ext-autofindasyoutype

Tabs on left (I'd like bottom, pretty please with sugar on top):

http://rmjokers.blogspot.com/2006/11/dont-let-tabs-control-you.html

>  (the incoherent babbling in this
> email is a result of the flu, which also makes writing code somewhat
> slow).

Get well soon!

> One of the first extensions I wrote back when we finished Seed support
> for Epiphany provided a key combo which, when pressed, brought back
> the most recently closed tab (and again, the next-most-recently, in a
> stack-like manner).

Just tested it, doesn't seem to work for me.
I'll give it more testing tomorrow, I just came back from Japan and in
my head it's probably already tomorrow.