Re: Future of Epiphany?

Op dinsdag 10-06-2008 om 14:23 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Wouter
Bolsterlee:

> Epiphany will focus on WebKit instead. See [1] for more information.

To expand on this a little; WebKit is the means to an end, not a goal in
itself.
We can integrate much better into Gnome than we currently do, and much
better than FF3 does. A cursory glance at the open enhancement requests
in bugzilla leaves no doubt about that. WebKit helps Epiphany with this
integration because it has a better embedding interface than Gecko (the
Mozilla rendering engine) does.

In the end, it all comes down to the amount of work the community is
willing to spend on it. In my view, Epiphany could play an important
role in the process of fulfilling the "online desktop" promise that
Gnome is moving towards, in particular by giving users the ability to
keep their data as their own, instead of depending on proprietary online
service providers (flickr, google, you name it). But realistically
speaking, we will need more developers to get there.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen
http://vanschouwen.info/