Remote control of epiphany

I am running Epiphany 2.18.1, and I want to know if there was a way to
remote control it from another host on the network to get it to open a
new window or tab with a new URL. I want to do it from a host that does
not have epiphany installed on it.

The scenario is that I have a small, quiet, low-powered computer
(http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcjr/index.html) on my network at home
that is always running. When I am away from home with my laptop, I
connect to my LAN with a VPN and ssh into that computer and run Lynx on
it to browse the web. I have lynx set up to launch a graphical browser
on pages or links on demand (by pressing , or .). This works fine with
lynx when it is running on the same PC as the graphical browser, but
when they are separated like in my VPN scenario, I would rather that
lynx runs a program to send an OpenURL command to my Epiphany browser
running on my laptop.

To do this, I would like to have a small-footprint program that can be
launched to remote control a running Epiphany instance.

I am a long-time software developer, so if I have to knock something up,
I can do that too - if I know where to start.

Any ideas?

Thanks