Re: Remote control of epiphany

Hello Cameron,

Op woensdag 21-11-2007 om 14:11 uur [tijdzone +1100], schreef Cameron
Hutchison:
> I am running Epiphany 2.18.1, and I want to know if there was a way to
> remote control it from another host on the network to get it to open a
> new window or tab with a new URL. I want to do it from a host that does
> not have epiphany installed on it.

Epiphany has three d-bus activation handlers:

ephy_activation_load_uri_list, ephy_activation_load_session, and
ephy_activation_open_bookmarks_editor. The first one should enable you
to "remote control" epiphany, however, I don't know about the
technicalities of using d-bus over the network.

> I am a long-time software developer, so if I have to knock something up,
> I can do that too - if I know where to start.

Patches are always welcome. :-)

HTH.

regards,

--