Re: Keyboard shortucts and extensions

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:08:51 +0100
> From: Magnus Therning
> Subject: Re: Keyboard shortucts and extensions
> To: epiphany-list gnome org
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 10:12:46 +0530, shirish wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >      First of all thank you for a cool browser.  I've been a firefox
> >user for a long time as I can remember as well had been using IE
> >before that. So I have few queries in order :-
> >
> >1. The conventional shortcut for the URI Address bar (Alt+D) doesn't
> >work in epiphany. I tried to see in the preferences but came up nada
> >there.  Any other place where you could tell me to look?
>
> Since I never really was an IE user I've always thought that ctrl-l (for
> location bar :-) was the conventional shortcut.  That works in both
> firefox and epiphany.  It wasn't until very recently I found that IE
> uses alt-d :-)

 Using Ubuntu 7.04 and Xfce desktop before I proceed further :-

 Ok that is news to me, as I'm under the impression that it was Alt+D
 I tried the Alt+ I but that didn't work either. Both in windows as well
 as linux.
> --
> Magnus Therning                             (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
> magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
> http://therning.org/magnus
> ------------------------------

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:36:25 +0200
> From: Roberth Sjon?y
> Subject: Re: A suggestion
> To: epiphany-list gnome org
>
> Thanks for reply, I think you misunderstand me, to open all links in
> Epiphany is not the problem, I would that all webpages can be opened in
> a new tab even they are opened outside Epiphany or outside epiphany,
> some links create a new browser window when i open them in Epiphany at
> this point. I want Epiphany to act like Firefox in this case.
>
> >It can, I saw that in the gnome preferences. System > Preferences >
> >Preferred applications, and when you set epiphany as your default
> >browser there is an option to make it open everything in new tabs.
> >
> >I think that's what you are looking for?

  Well, well the plot thickens , I tried to see the same in xfce but
didn't come up, perhaps that's an xfce issue?

- --
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17